Boomi

Rapport qualité-prix
Fonctionnalités
Simplicité d'utilisation
Support client

des utilisateurs recommandent cette application

267 avis

Cristian B.
  • Secteur d'activité: Semi-conducteurs

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Dell Boomi for your systems integration needs

Publié le 05/06/2019

We have complex requirements to integrate with a various cloud and on premise applications, related to the semiconductor manufacturing business of our company. Also, b2b integration with 30+ suppliers is needed.
Though I was skeptical initially that Boomi can cover our needs, after joining their first Boomi World in 2017 and talking to Boomi specialists and with their customers, I was convinced we are on the right track.
Now, few years later I can say Boomi was a good choice.

Avantages

By definition, Boomi is built for systems integration. What this means is that you get a long list of out of the box integration connectors (90+). We have used Boomi to seamlessly integrate our NetSuite ERP with:
- cloud applications: Namely, OpenAIR, Box
- on premise applications: Secure FTP, custom API for Oracle Agile PLM and custom apps
It has covered most of our integration needs with a relatively small to medium effort.

Inconvénients

Also by definition, Boomi is built with the idea that not only technical people can do these integrations. This is one reason that higher management of a company can be "pursued" to purchase it. However, in reality non-technical people can only achieve very simple integrations with the drag&drop features of the platform. More technical knowledge is needed because most of the times the requirements are more complex and require custom scripting/mapping between data formats.

Eric L.

NetSuite to Salesforce Integration

Avantages

the ability to fully customize the ETL process between our core business Systems

Inconvénients

The system is very well put together, but it is still a little heavy to use without the proper technical background

Pourquoi choisir Boomi

Their support was horrible and their product had serious limitations

Celigo Integrator.io

Pourquoi passer à Boomi

cost/value was way better with Boomi
Simon L.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

Fast to build Can be difficult to fix

Publié le 02/10/2019

A host of apps integrated

Avantages

Speed of development and range of connectors

Inconvénients

Frequent need to restart atoms. Crashes often.

• Secteur d'activité: Emballage/livraison de marchandises
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 1 à 5 mois

Boomi Product Review

Publié le 03/10/2019

I would say it has been overall very positive. When I have a problem I know I can reach SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN and he gets back to me so quickly and resolves problems quickly as well. Resolutions are always solid recommendations, never a hack or a let me figure it out scenario.

Avantages

Ease of use and company's commitment to the platform and its customers. Monthly updates fix and address problems we are facing and it feels really good to see all the successful customers at BOomi world.

Inconvénients

Flow is my primary con, only because we knew the Flow to Boomi Integrate Integration would be necessary but it seems like it may be difficult tech for the citizen Integrators.

Pourquoi choisir Boomi

Need to modernize integration capability at the enterprise level. Need to adopt Gartner Citizen Integrator model.

PowerCenter

Pourquoi passer à Boomi

Ease of use and best in class.
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 51-200 employés

Boomi

7/10

Avantages

UI and customer support quick responses also the community

Inconvénients

very thin. not enough complex functionality natively resulting in complex groovy builds which leads to slow run time if volume is large

Benjamin D.
  • Secteur d'activité: Médias de diffusion

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 7.0 /10

Getting Started and a great start

Publié le 01/10/2019

Overall it is a good start as we are learning to use it with our team internally

Avantages

I liked how we could quickly build integrations without needing to stand up a new environment each time

Inconvénients

The reporting leaves a lot to be desired. For me it takes so long to
find issues when troubleshooting.

Pourquoi passer à Boomi

pricing was better and it fit better for our enterprise architecture
  • Secteur d'activité: Énergies renouvelables et environnement
  • Logiciel utilisé tous les jours pendant 1 à 5 mois

Impressive Integration Platform

Avantages

As someone who is new to integration, I was impressed by how easy it was to learn how to develop integrations on the Boomi Platform. The learning managment system and support/user guides were essential in jumpstarting my company's integration development.

Inconvénients

It is easy-to-use software. I would like to see improvements to Boomi Suggest, but I know it will be better over time due to the machine learning algorithms.

Dee C.
  • Secteur d'activité: Enseignement supérieur
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 501-1 000 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus d'un an

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 10.0 /10

Easy to adopt and role out integration strategy platform

Publié le 02/10/2019

Very positive experience working with this product and the support from Boomi has been outstanding

Avantages

This platform was very easy to learn and roll out. How to stand up the infrastructure was understanding the requirements was well documented.

Inconvénients

The lack of ability to lock down file structures

PowerCenter

Pourquoi passer à Boomi

Ease of use, pricing model for connections and feedback on support model
Rajeev V.

Boomi Product Review

Great

Avantages

Ease of use and easy to develop and manage

Atom Queue is not a good enterprise Queue solution

Pourquoi passer à Boomi

Broad list of connectors, easy development
Kelly michael S.
  • Secteur d'activité: Télécommunications

Strong & Complex Integration Tool

Publié le 12/12/2020

Boomi requires a high level of knowledge but it enables endless possibility when integrating data back and forth between systems.

Avantages

Boomi allows us to integrate all of our software together, including product management, ecommerce and CRM.

Inconvénients

Boomi is not an easy design, clicks not code solution. There is some complexity in the setup.

Robert H.
  • Secteur d'activité: Assurance

A Better Way to Work

Publié le 06/12/2016

Boomi is a point-and-click tool that has many features across a broad functional spectrum (e.g. Enterprise Service Bus, Web Service Gateway, Managed File Transfer, Messaging). You use a drag-and-drop interface to create processes, with no coding required (though you CAN use Groovy or JavaScript when needed).

What can you do with it? You can: create and consume web services; perform database CRUD operations; get/send files over FTP/SFTP; read/write JMS queues; read/write to file systems (Linux, Windows, Mainframe, etc.); send/get email; read/parse/create EDI; etc. Nearly everything you do in an IT shop to integrate systems and applications you can do via Boomi.

Boomi isn't ideal for everything. E.g. complicated ETL, voluminous file transfers, complicated processing, etc. But for the everyday IT tasks, Boomi is the perfect middleware tool.

Simple tasks can be done in minutes with Boomi: read from a database to create a report and email it; call web services; web-service enable an existing process; create an enterprise web service that orchestrates a process; poll directories looking for files; poll JMS queues looking for messages; copy data between two applications; convert data from one format to another; in short - anything involving integrations between systems or applications can be done in Boomi.

At my company we're starting to use Boomi for all middleware activities - it's fast and easy to create processes that perform a variety of tasks. Boomi does the heavy lifting, we just configure shapes, connect them together in a process flow, and then push it to production. Sometimes we have to use code (Groovy or JavaScript) to do complicated things that the tool doesn't natively do (e.g. date manipulation/calculation, call out to a Java Library to create a Java Web Token), but otherwise it seems to do everything we want to do. Nearly anything you can do in Java, .NET, python, perl, etc. you can do in Boomi with little or no coding. Boilerplate development (like creating data services, extracting data to files, running scheduled tasks, etc.) can all be done in minutes or hours in Boomi rather than days or weeks in traditional programming languages.

Boomi doesn't replace all of your tools - but it replaces 80% of what you do with those tools and it takes 20% of the time to do it. I'm convinced that it's the future of traditional IS development.

Avantages

Ease of use, simplicity of the programming paradigm, and the vast capabilities of the product.

Inconvénients

It doesn't implement everything in a given spec (e.g. I can't access the full request/response for a web service call; I can't use all features of standard functionality like SMB; etc.) The tool needs to mature a bit more so that it can be leveraged more in a variety of enterprises.

Scholl G.
  • Secteur d'activité: Vente au détail

Boomi - achieve peace-of-mind

Publié le 06/12/2016

We've used Dell Boomi to support Re-pricing and Order management integration over the past several years. Our processes submit approx. 1-2 million API calls a day to our ERP and marketplace channel management platforms. The most important thing I can say about Boomi is the peace of mind it brings...Once you get a process built and tested...it's just works! I worry about all of our other platforms going down or cringe when new updates are released. I've never had that worry with Boomi. They perform monthly releases, and I've never had a release break one of our processes. Given the range of tools available to construct integration processes, there is almost always a way to accomplish a process. Typically the challenge becomes picking the best way to solve the problem with the various options available. One thing that has drastically improved over the past year or two is the information/knowledge base and participation of the Boomi user community. Several years ago if you had questions on how to do something, it would take a while to figure things out. The new Community platform is thriving with lots of very useful information to help beginners get started building processes. The only negative I've ever had and continue to have is cost. Depending on the number of connections (distinct endpoints) you require for your integration needs, things can get expensive quickly. This is one area in which I wish Boomi would get creative. Even if you are using basic local DISK connections or simple HTTP endpoint connections (as opposed to branded connectors such as SF.com, or Netsuite), every endpoint will cost you an additional $300/month. Some pricing-flexibility on bundling certain types of connectors would be a great improvement. For this reason I deducted some stars in the "Value For Money" rating. However, I'll end by re-iterating my opening comments. That cost delivers a huge benefit...Boomi is a robust, stable platform, and you will achieve piece of mind for your integrations that run within it.

Development environment.

Cost

Vivek V.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 6.0 /10

My Dell Boomi View

Publié le 06/12/2016

Overall experience is good but I still see a lots of improvement points for the development environment. Also memory and multi threading options appears a bit tricky with Dell Boomi. Checkpointing of the processing would add lots of value to the product in terms of recovering the the half way processed transactions.

Avantages

Common development environment along with version control and revision history.
Development environment on cloud can enable a developer to become productive from day one.
Single place deployment and complete code life cycle management.
Common Dashboard to monitor the integer landscape components.
Automated housekeeping of logs and temporary files.

Inconvénients

Memory management is a bit tricky, no option to allocate memory to specific integration processes.
Multi threading not very efficient and controllable.
Configuration Parameter management through process extentions is a bit complex and confusing.
Dependency on internet for development activity. In case of any network issue developer cannot continue with the development.

David B.

Boomi is fantastic

Publié le 14/12/2016

We have been using Boomi and doing great. I like the way we can break down data into small units of work. It simplifies how to handle multi-conditional pathing and the unit of work level.

Currently, I am working at SFCG, using various tools to build integrations into Oracle CX products. When we started kicking the tires on Boomi and in the training and development since that time, I've tried a series of processes out that have given me trouble in other tools. Below is a brief recap of my experience and growing admiration for the way in which this tool has made my job easier.

My first goal with using Boomi was to connect to an instance of CRM On-Demand (a task that can on other platforms be a time-consuming endeavor). What I found was a useful wizard, pictured below, with a series of pop-up steps to follow.
In other tools, I have spent more time in trying to define the schemas, than actually completing the maps that use them. Boomi reduced that time from my process. This is one small example of many demonstrating how my teammates and I feel as if we were working in black and white and are now working in color with Boomi AtomSphere. Tasks I've taken for granted are complex, time-consuming and meticulous are simplified, streamlined and transformed with powerful features like Boomi Suggest - a handy feature that leverages the collective intelligence of the Boomi community to suggest which fields should be mapped in a Data Map.

You don't need to take my word for it, another member of our team, Li Mo started building out an integration to Oracle Sales Cloud, using the SOAP API Connector. He was able to do a complete integration to insert a record into the Account entity, and it took about an hour and a half.

Note: it had been about 1 month since we both actually took the training courses. I believe we choose an additional tool that plays to the inner strengths of working in the cloud, and I can not wait until I start full blown to continue development on new integration projects using Dell Boomi AtomSphere.

Not sure

Richard B.
  • Secteur d'activité: Hôpitaux et soins de santé

Integration tool with GUI interface is OK for Salesforce-to-SQL integration

Publié le 07/12/2016

We are using Boomi in an on-premise installation to integrate other software. It is adequate. The drag-and-drop interface web-based interface is easy-to-learn and generally responsive. Monitoring and scheduling are fine, though error-reporting is via system-generated emails that must be reviewed manually or via email rules (you need to buy an additional "Connector" from Boomi to send your own emails).

Dedication to the GUI interface limits flexibility -- code and SQL statements can be so powerful, but you cannot get to them. There is "Groovy", a Java-like scripting language, but figuring out how and where to call it is difficult -- the in-process and "document" touch points are not intuitive and are not well-documented.

Customer support is generally responsive but not always helpful. Their first question is "send me the URL of your cloud interfacing definition", and when we explain that we are on-premise (required for database security) then answers become tough to get and more vague.

We get TIMEOUT errors when moving tens-of-thousands of records from Salesforce to SQL. Boomi's response is that the error is from Salesforce so it is Salesforce's problem. However, we did not get these errors from our previous integration tool from Bluewolf. Unfortunately, Bluewolf does not integrate with OpenAir, so we had to change tools. We work around the TIMEOUT by changing schedules and changing the interface approach to moving fewer records.

Overall Boomi does the job and we have made it work -- I have no delusion that there is a great tool available for this difficult job of cross-system integration. My interpretation is that Boomi is focused on web service integrations with small message sizes, and the on-premise solution is an afterthought.

Ease of use; web access

Inconvénients

Slow with large numbers of records to transfer; little access to underlying Salesforce SOQL and SQL

Jacob P.
  • Secteur d'activité: Médias de diffusion

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Boomi is great for simple integrations, would like to see better organization/reporting

Publié le 01/10/2019

We have successfully tied together several financial platforms with Boomi as well as leveraged it for our master data management of customers. It has shown great promise in early applications and sparked ideas for many more integrations.

Avantages

Boomi makes basic integrations extremely simple, non-technical staff are able to view and understand the integrations. There is a lot of power in the platform for complex integrations with the ability to expand using java. Ability to submit test cases is great and lowers the QA load for monthly releases.

Inconvénients

Process reporting has a lot of information but it isnt always easy to view. When managing errors on a mobile device we must request the desktop version to even view the error specifics. Reporting on overall usage of the platform can be a challenge currently, technology is a data driven world and I would like to have more robust reporting to view runs/errors/platform stats/ and deployed processes all in one place.

Chris H.
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 501-1 000 employés
  • Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus de deux ans

Boomi as our IPAAS

Avantages

can build integrations with no code at all. We were able to setup and deploy an integration from Salesforce to Netsuite in a week. The platform ease of use makes it easier to train new employees on the platform

Inconvénients

Don't have any cons with boomi, the community is great and support is helpful

Celigo Integrator.io

Pourquoi passer à Boomi

Ease of use and speed to deploy

Forget about code

Publié le 05/09/2019

If you lack of developers, is a good choice. You can train someone in no time so is able to create process for the company. For too complex process, it can be a challenge maintaining them. Is expensive...a lot, just recommended for big companies.

Avantages

There is no need of an advance developer to make simple but long process. Connect to different APIs protocols like HTTP, Odata, SFapi, etc. Connect to smtp or sftp/ftp servers and other external services. You can connect to almost anything and just moving the mouse.

Inconvénients

You cannot code, and sometimes that is bad... if you have performance issues you don't have to many options. You don't have code to refactor. The version control it's far from git or similar. I't very expensive, if you have developers, an app that make all that is way more cheaper that maintain a Boomi atom. It's very annoying not having a way to audit the connections, sometime the connectors fail and you don't have a good log to see what happen.

Martijn K.
  • Secteur d'activité: Administration publique

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 8.0 /10

Steep learning curve, great community and amazing performance

Publié le 06/12/2016

Having experience with different integration platforms got me up and running in Boomi relatively quickly. However, due to the differences, the learning curve was rather steep still. There are a number of non-intuitive features, that require advanced knowledge of the platform to get right.

Fortunately, there is a very active and very knowledgeable community of other Boomi users, always willing to help out those new to the platform. Whenever there are problems with functionality, the community is the go-to place to get it resolved.

The disconnect between the designer platform and the execution engine is a key feature in the astonishing performance of the processes. As far as process performance goes, Dell Boomi is the best experience that I've had. Both when it comes to processing large amounts of data in a small process, as when it comes to processing incidental data in large complicated processes, Dell Boomi never fails to amaze me.

Avantages

Performance; the community; the smooth, all features included development platform.

Inconvénients

A number of features take quite a lot of time to develop in the platform. The lack of XPath search and map functionality is tough to handle. Web service integrations (the core business of my company) feel rough and rudimentary, a lot of work still needs to be done on this field

Sujit N.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 6.0 /10

Very Good integration tool but need some improvements on specific area

Publié le 28/09/2016

I have very good experience of this tool on Application and Data Integration side. I love the way Boomi release and roll out the connectors and patch versions in all environments. However, I see some improvement needed on Application integration side related to Atom Queuing full compliant with JMS spec 2.0 version and also, some improvement needed on the Administration side for example there is no start/stop functionality on deployed process. Monitoring and management of Boomi process like if source or target system is down then automatically stop the bommi process and start it up automatically when target systems comes online.

Easy to Use
In built Connectors

Inconvénients

1) Date Function support is limited.
2) Lacks Dynamic process generation support - cannot read a database, obtain a result and then launch 1-N processes based on the results on a query. This forces us to fallback to DB Stored procedures for dynamic processing.
3) No field-level encryption option.
4) Improve dynamic handling of values on processes (e.g. Retry configuration) and Connection (e.g Timeout)
5) Have capability to integrate with Source Code Management tool
6) Ability to run a process with "Listener" starter in Test Mode
7) Email Alert generate if the deployed service or Listner is down.
8) JMS Message Selector usage in Atom Queue.
9) Ability to receive email alert by process

Srinivas chandrakanth V.

#1 Leader in iPaas Integration

Publié le 06/12/2016

I have used Dell BOOMI in various enterprise level integration over the cloud.
Across the different technologies that are available, this is the best one which was proved.

I worked in providing solutions to different to different clients and clients are very much happy with the continuous integration.

Support was all time helpful and one must not forget community as well.

I'm sure that BOOMI will rule the cloud space in the coming years as well reason being the security aspects are handled perfectly. This was the only reason that firms look for their data.

B2B integration is made easy and can be done without any difficulty.

Help documentation was awesome and it was illustrated in a lucid way.

There are live examples to get started as well.

Finally, it's worth your money for seamless integration.

Avantages

Seamless Integration, Support, Help Documentation, Community, Robust Runtime, Flexible orchestration style of development.

Inconvénients

Minor bugs are taken care in each and every month release maintenance.

Yechiel K.
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 51-200 employés

ETL Made Easy

Publié le 16/12/2016

I started working in Boomi with no prior IT experience. I walked into an already complex business model and some pretty complicated processes. I was able to quickly catch on and make myself an important piece to the 'Integration' team.
My company has premier support and this team was very helpful at times when trying to build something difficult.
Even as someone who is not familiar with coding (javascript/groovy) the ready-made components make it easy to use. Although sometimes, you will need to use scripting and there's no getting around it. But all that is pretty simple once you get the hang of it.

The ability to extend processes to different environments is also great, allowing you to test a process in multiple worlds. There are lots of 'out of the box' connectors that make the transition a breeze.
Lately, Boomi has been really picking up the slack on their releases. They rolled out a new community and Ideas page. The reference page has been given a facelift as well.

If only they made certification cheaper, I would think of getting one.

Avantages

Drag and drop canvas, easy to use.

Flexibility

Lawrence J.
  • Secteur d'activité: Énergies renouvelables et environnement
  • Taille de l'entreprise: 201-500 employés

Integrating System and Data to Help Save Wetlands

Publié le 06/11/2018

Overall I would say that my experience with Dell Boomi has been very positive. The sales and support team have always been prompt and friendly without the pressure. We're currently in transition from a monolithic on premise custom build system to a more off the shelf and distributed architecture and Boomi has been essential to this process from day one. In the near future I believe we will be added Master Data Hub and API Managment services to our account and will be interested in getting a better understanding of Flow.

Avantages

The recent change that I like the best is the redesign of the Groovy/Javascript IDE shapes. Prior to the redesign the old text box was a major pain point, but the redesign removed that altogether.

Inconvénients

Sometimes having to set authentication/directory information in a properties shape prior to the non-starting connector shape can be obtuse and with simpler integrations can add unneeded complexity. Perhaps if there was a way of setting the properties in the the connector shape, but allow them to be overridden by a properties shape earlier in the process.

Cesar C.
  • Secteur d'activité: Banque

The best & the bad

Publié le 14/12/2016

The Best:
1.- Easy of use, make my developing job easy, focus on the need of my client.
2.- GUI comfortable, better month by month with the updates.
3.- Lots of connectors, lots of icon options to solve the need.
The bad:
1.- Tracking log of process execution of many days before (10 days) is impossible.
2.- Debugging is a pain, cause does not have functionality about the debugging groovy.

Thanks to all the team!!!!!

César.

Avantages

1.- Easy of use, make my developing job easy, focus on the need of my client.
2.- GUI confortable, better month by month with the udates.
3.- Lots of connectors, lots of icon options to solve the need.

Inconvénients

1.- Traking log of process execution of many days before (10 dyas) is imposible.
2.- Debuggin is a pain, cause does not have functionality about the debuging groovy.

Trey Y.

• Probabilité de recommander le produit 9.0 /10

Go to Boomi if you want to innovate

Publié le 02/10/2019

Overall our experience with Boomi has been great. Integrations that have previously taken months to build, test and implement can now be done in weeks. Not only that but Boomi makes it easy to build modular integrations, so if one piece no longer works for you it can be easily replaced.

Avantages

Boomi is a tool that can be picked up easily by just about anyone and allows for very quick development.
Boomi makes prototyping integrations incredibly easy and quick and moving those solutions to production takes a few clicks.

Inconvénients

As with most graphical programming languages there are limitations as to what the tool can do, and while there may be workarounds that can be done in the system sometimes those carry performance implications.