415 avis
Yammer

Yammer

Réseau social d'entreprise (RSE) pour se connecter et communiquer

4,1 /5 (415 avis)
415 avis
Arpan S.
Secteur d'activité: Logiciels
Traduire en français

One of the best platforms to improve employee engagement in an organization

Publié le 10/02/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

- If an organization wants its employees to share topics, interests, or areas of practice, then Yammer is a must!

Avantages

- The platform is simple and easy to use. Employees can start a conversation about any topic they feel like needs attention. Users have the ability to create public and private groups, share documents and videos with each other, and like other people's posts.

- Yammer can be considered a social networking platform meant to be used internally in an organization.

Inconvénients

- I am using the software from last 5 years and do not have any concerns. The platform is reliable, easy to use, requires little to no training even for a beginner.

Tawanda S.
Secteur d'activité: Gestion d'organisme à but non lucratif
Traduire en français

Team collaboration enabler offering endless possibilities

Publié le 30/09/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

It was so confusing at first and I was nearly tempted to quit and unsubscribe, However, overtime I got the hang of it and my team appreciate it

Avantages

I like that it is simplified and its quiet easy to use even for the newbies. The tiling of feeds according to subject and relevance makes it easier to get the best out of. Ideas flow unabated and team members can quickly share productive information.

Inconvénients

I would like to see Yammer filtering the messages and feeds posted so that only relevant information is retained for future reference

Kacie H.
Secteur d'activité: Services financiers

Facebook for your Coworkers

Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant plus d'un an
Publié le 28/04/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I used this at my prior company, and HR in particular found it to be rewarding. From celebrating milestone employee birthdays and announcing new hires to promoting newsletter content and collecting charitable donations across the enterprise, Yammer is great for casual announcements. Serious announcements, urgent communications and PR are still best distributed via email. But Yammer is scalable to your company. It can be as streamlined or intricate as you choose.

Avantages

Yammer is modelled after social networking platforms, both from function and UI standpoints. So if you can use Facebook, you'll instantly feel comfortable on Yammer. Think of it as a social intranet - post companywide updates and photos, hold contests, have team-specific chats or channels to cut down on inbox clutter, and promote a culture that's both full and well-informed at your office. Yammer allows polls, and you can set up email notifications to make sure you don't miss anything that might be of interest to you.

Inconvénients

Yammer's social function is still a bit lacking, and it doesn't integrate as seamlessly with Office 365 as I'd like. Be sure that your company is thoughtful about what should be communicated on Yammer, and what should still be sent via email. Adoption by other employees was a challenge for us, as it can feel like just anotjher platform to have to check on a daily basis. I did receive feedback from several colleagues along the lines of "I already check my email. It's easier to have all communications go though Outlook. Why would I want to add another platform to my list of things to check?"

Raghavendar N.

Unique Social network for corporates

Publié le 24/02/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

We have used this for solution seeking where we put our request or query and we get response with what people know about it or sometime we get perfect solution too.

Apart from work related, we also share the cool pics related to the happening or team events or festivals celebration.

Also, polls are conducted to seek the feedback from colleagues about new change in the company or changes that is needed.

Avantages

We have Office365 at our company, next to Skype the other app that is extensively used is Yammer for collaboration.

We can switch this seamlessly across our Laptop & phone apps. Yammer is social network within the company. Everyone is member as soon as they join and we have different groups where we are free to join. But default, based on our department we are tagged to parent groups and we can view the updates and share our feedback just like Facebook.

We can create new groups based on the need and invite people or tag them to get their attention. The biggest advantage of this app is your voice is reached to thousands in minutes and you may get feedback from top skipping the hierarchies.

So easy to connect and easy to use and make an effective use for networking across the colleagues

Inconvénients

User Interface is not rich and looks and feels needs improvement. Not sure but it hangs for me quite number of times. Also, little difficult to search for a post or feed. It becomes more confusing once more and more groups are created.

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 6.0/10

Courtney S.
Secteur d'activité: Divertissement

Great for Communication

Publié le 08/05/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I have thoroughy enjoyed Yammer. When the corporate office didn't send me promotional materials that I needed for a new food item being brought out, I looked to Yammer for other managers going through the same problem. Thankfully, a fellow manager actually created their own promotional sign for this item and shared it through Yammer.

Avantages

The best part of this software is the communication aspect. At my job, we use Yammer to communicate new ideas, concerns or questions about our everyday work life with fellow managers throughout the company. It's a great way to share ideas with people who we would have no idea exist without this software.

Inconvénients

I honestly have not found any negatives to this software that I would want to change. Everything is very easy to use and it's nothing but a great product for your company.

Yammer social network

Publié le 19/08/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I use Yammer every day for collaboration with my colleagues.

Avantages

1. It works pretty fast. Usually Microsoft products are slow but not Yammer.
2. It includes many features you can find in other social networks.
3. It works with different operation systems (I use it with Windows only).

Inconvénients

1. Wiki pages stopped working a few times. I don't know why.
2. UI is pretty old. I think it should be updated.

Mike W.
Secteur d'activité: Gestion de l'enseignement
Taille de l'entreprise: 13-50 employés

Yammer Makes Work More Fun

Publié le 03/04/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

We are able to hear our employees and make work better for them! We want people to share their information and knowledge with each other!

Avantages

We are able to connect with all of our teams and employees. We have a need to be social with our tasks and this software is making work more fun and engaging!

Inconvénients

There needs to be an easier feature to edit what content we put out there for social interaction. That would be helpful.

Umesh G.
Secteur d'activité: Informatique et sécurité réseau
Traduire en français

Nice tool to connect with Group

Publié le 06/04/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Overall I liked this tool as it send me alert everyday if any new feed or comment come

Avantages

This is an excellent tool to create and connect group and follow the conversation and People will get alert if any feed comes.

Inconvénients

We can not integrate this tool with other Tools like Teams and and Other group apps so cometimes its hard to connect with other tools

Dan P.
Taille de l'entreprise: Auto-entrepreneur

Corporate social media

Publié le 04/03/2020
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

It is great modern tool for enhancing company wide communication

Avantages

The ability to follow people and keep abreast of company news across functional teams and departments.

Inconvénients

The number of groups one joins on Yammer can be quickly overwhelming and it then seems difficult to stay on top of all content.

Maria O.
Secteur d'activité: Eau/gaz/électricité
Taille de l'entreprise: 2-10 employés
Traduire en français

I had such high hopes for Yammer..

Publié le 11/08/2019
Provenance de l'avis : SoftwareAdvice

Avantages

It was included with our Office 365 Business Premium subscription, so we were able to use it without any changes or additional charges to our current subscription.

Inconvénients

I went all in on Yammer and configured each of our team members profiles' and set the site up to encourage collaboration. It felt like a ramped up version of Sharepoint which is not a good thing.

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 5.0/10

Secteur d'activité: Rédaction et correction

A Great Means to an End

Publié le 24/11/2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Yammer has been so amazing at allowing the freelance workforce to come together and really discuss current issues and information about the work. Otherwise, we'd all be so isolated and unable to work together to enhance the finished product of transcripts. That information share is so, so important to not only get the best work to the client, but also to learn more and advance individually in the field. It links me to fellow transcriptionists and gives the human contact that makes up a huge portion of actually being to tolerate long hours of work. So thumbs-up, Yammer.

Avantages

I use Yammer to link to fellow employees of Transcribeme. So far, Yammer has been extremely easy to navigate and I have not seen any glitches during my two years working with it. Yammer uses columns to organize your different feeds which helps with clarity. In a quick sweep of my feed, I can see the app directory, any new activity in all my groups, suggested managment or key team members to follow on Yammer, etc. It allows me to get live updates fast and easy so that I always know what is happening with the company I freelance transcribe for.

I like that Yammer allows each company to tailor it's virtual work atmosphere to it's own needs. When I became a freelance transcriptionist, I was really worried about the isolation that comes with the online work. Yammer, though, seems to have completely changed that for me and the rest of the Transcribeme team, I think. Easy information share and very socially oriented, Yammer is a great app for the work-at-home crowd.

Inconvénients

All the positives said, I think Yammer could work on it's design. Maybe it needs some modern touches and perhaps more social features. An amazing app that brings work-at-home people together could always do with more social features ie. a live-chat feature, customizable themes, more inviting interface because it's really important to catch the attention of freelancers so that they are more apt to frequent the site.

Deba O.
Secteur d'activité: Pétrole et énergies
Traduire en français

Good content sharing tool which is underutilized because there are a lot of alternatives

Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus de deux ans
Publié le 15/04/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Yammer has helped us reduce the number of intracompany emails and also reduced the number of meetings since we all can collaborate within it.

Avantages

Yammer is like a social media tool for workers in my company to interact with each other. We tried it out in 2016 and we never looked back. Company update can be sent to all members just like using an email, while documents, images and videos can be shared within it. It is cheap, sign up is free and have good customer support. You can easily join a group or create a group depending on what you want.
Yammer helped me find information and get help by reading articles that were written by experts on difficult jobs within the organization. I only have to search for it.
Yammer made me more productive with timely useful conversations and interaction from my colleague across the company best hands. I could also easily see what is happening within the organization at all times because of the synchronized updates. I can use yammer even when am out of the office because of their Android app.
Additionally, Yammer works very well with office 365 which is not a surprise since it is built by Microsoft.

Inconvénients

Yammer is too strict on 3rd party adverts within their platform.
It is not widely popular and people just tend to disregard it.
The learning curve for yammer use to be very low but recent additions and innovations somehow made it a bit steep for newbies.
yammer work more like a social media platform rather a corporate tool with the many innovations been added to it
The interface is too rigid for my liking. (personal dislike but my colleagues absolutely loved it)

Katherine P.
Secteur d'activité: Assurance

Yammer Review

Publié le 17/06/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Really enjoy using this tool!

Avantages

My organization has been using this product for a few years now. It's a great communication tool for the company as a whole and within each department. As part of the Learning & Development department, we use Yammer to communicate training results and also send out quizzes to each department to test their knowledge.

The tool is really easy to use, it reminds me a lot of Facebook in that it has a feed that you can scroll through daily to get updates.

You can also create different pages and make them public or private depending on your need, which I find really useful. My team has created their own page and made it private. We use it to recognize people within the department on achievements, our manager sends out monthly stats and we also use it communicate information to each other.

I really like the GIF feature, it definitely brings the humor to some situations!

Inconvénients

It is sometimes hard to keep up with everything going on, especially if you are a member of many groups/pages. And if you put your notifications on so you get an email every time something is posted, it can be overwhelming at times.

Joshua M.
Secteur d'activité: Impression

A Unique Blend of Social and Business Collaboration Platform

Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus d'un an
Publié le 10/04/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I think my overall experience with Yammer is functional - yet, under-utilized. It provides and interesting social space within the hustle and bustle of a business world. I think some organizations can pull this integration off - but it is difficult. Yammer is built in a way that should increase collaboration and alleviate location based barriers for working teams. However, Yammer can fall into the potential pitfall of diving too far into a social trends over creating cross-functional teams. Therefore, in the end, I see a lot of promise in the tool - with quite of bit work left to go.

Avantages

Yammer does a really nice job of offering a social platform for workers to interact with other across the company. I work in a large organization and Yammer is a tool that I use to interact with my business cohort across the country. I have really enjoyed the opportunity to add individuals to your connections, find like-minded groups, and share documents for others to review. I have tried using Yammer for various uses and have largely found it beneficial for keeping up with co-workers in off-site locations.

Inconvénients

I think Yammer can fall a little too far into the social category for a business. I have often felt like the platform veers too far into a social media tool rather than a business collaboration platform. The user experience feels very similar to Facebook and often is difficult to differentiate it from other social platforms. I have had other experiences with other business tools that seems to pull this off a bit better than Yammer. From my experience, other business professionals realize this and stay away.

Probabilité de recommander le produit: 6.0/10

Darrus L.
Secteur d'activité: Hôpitaux et soins de santé
Traduire en français

Specialty specific physician message board

Publié le 24/07/2018
Provenance de l'avis : SoftwareAdvice

Avantages

Provides an easy to use platform for communication and sharing. The relatively limited feature set keeps interacting with Yammer a straight forward experience. For our purposes Yammer provides a great substitute for the "Doctor's Lounge" that our physicians miss since we are a much larger organization than just a few years ago. Physicians can, in physician only environments, discuss patient cases and ask for advice and referrals to other specialists from a much larger community of their peers than are available at their physical location.

Inconvénients

Because Yammer does not seem to have all the same connections to our AD database as other applications in Office 365 getting everyone onto the platform can be challenging. Creating and managing groups can be daunting as the platform is open. Controlling the types of communication on the platform can also be difficult and channel moderators have to stay vigilant. This does mean that the platform is creating new work for those staff chosen as channel moderators, and depending on adoption and usage this can be a significant commitment of time on a regular basis.

Steve R.
Traduire en français

It's a great program to use for a virtual office!

Publié le 30/07/2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Great benefits, it's a wonderful virtual office

Avantages

Yammer is a terrific way to communicate with people in your company when you don't have a traditional office setting, where employees work from different areas. You can have conversations and get up with people immediately, plus have various "buckets" to divide up work tasks, or have different networks for different departments. Uploaded and downloading is easy, and it's a repository for valuable files. To have a platform where everyone can be on the same page is invaluable. And with smart phones, pushes can allow one to be notified immediately of any update or conversation. Has similar feature to Facebook, so it's easy to learn. Again, a great virtual office!

Inconvénients

Honestly, there are very few cons, sometimes it won't let you upload or download items, but that is a rare occasion. Sometimes the search isn't reliable.

Oluwakorede D.
Secteur d'activité: Services financiers
Traduire en français

Multi Collaboration tool for Business and Social Purposes!

Publié le 30/05/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

When it comes to corporate collaboration and communication, yammer has proved to be an effective tool. In terms of having useful talks, chats and meetings with my team members, yammer has been of great help, in terms of cost, i didn't have to pay any substantial amount to get it installed/setup, customer support is also great.

Avantages

Yammer is an appropriate tool for collaboration between staff/colleagues in an Organization, it has great customization features which can be tailored to suit the needs of any Organization, and it also supports integration with a wide range of products.

Inconvénients

There is the need for addition of features found on other social platforms to Yammer, this will give yanner a chance to ace out its competitors, I also think it works more like a coporate tool than a social tool. Yammer is also strict with its policy against ads from 3rd parties.

Alexander Y.
Secteur d'activité: Pétrole et énergies

A Great Forum For Employee Engagement and Collaboration

Publié le 12/12/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Overall, Yammer is a wonderful tool that I am glad we implemented here. It gives the user a very social network experience that they are used to, while maintaining a lot of the wonderful features that you've come to expect from Microsoft. I 100% recommend the implementation of Yammer to any organization that's considering to use it.

Avantages

Yammer has opened the door to many new connections and collaborations at Oxy. We've been able to create business-unit specific Yammer groups that allow employees from all around the globe to post data, share findings, and collaborate - all in one easy to use place.

Inconvénients

There aren't too many cons to Yammer - sometimes you may get too many emails, depending on how many Yammer groups you are subscribed to. But these email preferences can always be changed at your discretion to limit the amount of inbox flooding.

Deepak M.
Traduire en français

Fabulous product for connecting people across the organization

Publié le 26/03/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Overall I am quite satisfied with Yammer, I get upto date notifications on what is going on in the company and I can reach people in different timezones quite conviniently through mobile apps.

Avantages

1. Works well with Microsoft sharepoint and in general Microsoft platforms (Office 365).
2. It has a great facility of creating groups and share contents like documents, images and videos.
3. We can get notification for feeds across company regarding promotions, appreciations and milestones across group or company.
4. Specially in terms of events its quite useful to collaborate, organize and gather people from different fields or demographics accross organization.
5. It is available for mobiles too, across various Os like Andriod and IOS

Inconvénients

There nothing such issue, in terms of usability across organization i have observed the below points

1. Sometimes many notifications can be annoying
2. In case of large conversation we might get off topic or lose track of topic.

i wont consider this as a disadvantage of software to be honest, if we have proper workflow it will be very useful.

Fernando D.
Secteur d'activité: Logiciels
Traduire en français

Its a good content sharing tool

Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant plus de deux ans
Publié le 14/09/2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I'm not using Yammer for a long period now, but when I did, I liked it. It has a great potential to be a content manager and a great company social media tool (communication channel).

Avantages

Yammer is a complementary tool for sharing information, tutorials and documents inside an intranet. It can complement SharePoint's content management experience for a company. You can create a profile there and interact to other employees in a "social media" like tool. It has many features to create a blog, a tutorial, a wiki and many other things that can help your company to not lose knowledge as the teams keeps changing. New employees can find information and get a smaller learning curve by reading articles that more experienced people may have written on daily tasks or difficult problems that may arise.

Inconvénients

I guess its adhesion was too low. In my company many people just don't like to use it because they don't know what is it exactly. It's such a great tool but looks like it was left aside. Maybe Microsoft could do a little marketing to help it grow and be more known by people all around the world. Maybe Microsoft Teams is more important to they...

Traduire en français

Yammer allows us a very dynamic and colaborative communication

Publié le 06/08/2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

I like it a lot, we've managed to get the people really involved in sharing what they're doing, problems they face, solutions they implement, their personal and team accomplishments.

Avantages

First of all, its included with no additional cost on our Microsoft Ofice 365 subscriptions, so no additional expenses. It's very intuitive, nobody needs to be taught how to use it. It has a very simple feature set allowing us to improve our internal collaboration. Thre's now no excuse for not knowing what's happening in the Company. We can easily do simple polls and congratulate our colleagues for any personal o professional accomplishment or event.

Inconvénients

Of course, everyone expected it to be a fully functional private facebook, which is not the case, there are a million Faceboo features that don't exist in Yammer, and we don't think we need them at all.
If only, a better interface for uploading bunches of pictures and organize them in albums, since right now we upload only selected pictures one at a time. Or we share links to sharepoint paths.

Secteur d'activité: Immobilier

Great Software for File Sharing and Communicating Across Company

Logiciel utilisé toutes les semaines pendant plus de deux ans
Publié le 02/04/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

This has been a great way to connect with fellow company members worldwide. I started using this as an intern in a group of all USA interns, and now am able to connect with other employees in my business line as a full-time employee. I think this is a great platform to connect company members are provide a platform for engagement across the firm.

Avantages

I like that Yammer is set up almost like a social media platform. It allows you to easily communicate with various groups/ people across a company, with the ability to share files, collaborate on documents, spread ideas, etc. This is great for a company like mine, with over 80,000 employees worldwide, and allows you to join groups with other employees by region, business line, title, etc.

Inconvénients

With the document sharing feature, it can be difficult to search for specific files. I think the organization of posts/ files is a little messy and it would be nice to be able to go to a specific "Shared Files" section to search for things, point blank. It can also be a little overwhelming searching feeds when you are in groups/ pages with large numbers of individuals.

Helen R.
Secteur d'activité: Production audiovisuelle
Taille de l'entreprise: 2-10 employés
Traduire en français

Great virtual office. Our company uses Yammer and it is highly effective. I would recommend Yammer.

Publié le 19/04/2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

File sharing, communication, collaboration, organization. It is a terrific virtual office tool that I highly recommend.

Avantages

It is very easy to use, uploading files is easy. There is a Yammer app for your smartphone and you can receive pushes to email as well as the Yammer app so you always stay up-to-date. It allows to set up different networks and groups for different things through your organization. It is a great tool to communicate and stay organized.

Inconvénients

There is nothing that I dislike about Yammer. It has so many wonderful benefits. I highly recommend this as a virtual office. It is low cost and for those that work remote, it is a great communication tool.

Lisa C.
Secteur d'activité: Enseignement supérieur
Taille de l'entreprise: 5 001-10 000 employés

Company Wide Message Board

Publié le 12/12/2019
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Overall, this has been a really great tool for connecting members of our teams that we may never come into contact with, otherwise. I have been able to keep up to date on things that I would not have known was even happening without Yammer.

Avantages

I really like that as part of Office 365, I am able to access Yammer from any device. Because we use Yammer as an overall message board, having the ability to create multiple groups has been great. We currently use it to keep track of what is going on around campus, as a way to send updates on programs that are used, and even as a buy/sell/trade group. We can include text and pictures in our posts to help with descriptions.

Inconvénients

The one complaint that I have is that comments often get separated from posts and seem to just be randomly floating around in Yammerland.

Utilisateur vérifié
Secteur d'activité: Énergies renouvelables et environnement

Pretty good collaboration tool

Logiciel utilisé Autre pendant plus de deux ans
Publié le 14/12/2018
Provenance de l'avis : Capterra

Yammer's value is felt the more its used by teams. If leadership doesn't consistently follow up to ensure employees are using it Yammer will be disappointing.

Avantages

My company used Yammer to help employees collaborate better. Our older employees didn't make much use of the system but the potential of Yammer is great for engaged employees. The social nature of the product matches up well with our millennial workforce. Its essentially a business version of Facebook. Making work groups to streamline communication and give shout outs is easy and fun.

Inconvénients

If you workforce isn't active on social media or appreciate those means of communication it might be a tough sell to get them on this system. Either way, implementing Yammer will take a consistent effort in campaigning for its usefulness if your workplace isn't used to this type of system.
Yammer could also do better by allowing for more customization or branding by the employer to make it seem like an internal system.
I have no complaints about the software itself.